Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Occupation : Student


Occupation : Student
I been a full time student for about two years now. I pretty much stopped looking for a job as soon as school got more demanding. I worked as a freelance makeup artist but even that looks outdated on my resume. I cross my fingers as graduation gets closer, finding a job might be a little harder than I'd imagined. I joined grad school thinking that I would ride out the recession, but oh my, it's not over yet and school soon will be over. Now, my interest lays on a very lucrative career. I'm not talking about architecture alone but I'm talking about "medical architecture" and for what I hear, that line of work is doing pretty good through this recession. Now, this interest was developed by a life experience that changed my life. The illness of my father and the realization that even though ADA is on his side, design in hospitals and clinics can be WAY better. I see it as a puzzle. OSHPD and UBC give you a set of rules, with them come limitations. Now it's up to me to make it work and make the best design from it. Sounds simple right?!? Not, really. But, I guess it will all start with that one opportunity that will change my employment status from student to architect. And just like this, I will see how my idea of changing the world might come about someday. For now my occupation is student.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Sleepless Night

No comments:

Post a Comment