Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Salk Institute


This place just speaks for itself. "A forced view, it's like having horse blinders on" - Marvin Guevara




I can't tell you how many times I've been to this place. I first visited when I was working on my Bachelor for interior design. We took a tour and it was mind blowing! I loved it and I thought right away on how this was my favorite place in the world!

After beginning a Masters in Architecture I was once again able to visit this place on my own and it was a different feel. Not only was I looking at it from the inside but also from the outside and from its site orientation. My visits became more of pleasure and inspiration rather than school related. I even was part of a photo shoot for a "Portfolio" at this site. There was always something that would bring me back and I always was able to enjoy it to the fullest.




Now, I'm working on my thesis. And I'm looking at this building again. Again, I'm looking at it with different eyes and for a different inspiration. I'm looking at it's orientation, it's relationship with its surrounding and at the way it speaks to every person that has the opportunity to visit. So, now I'm leaving San Diego and I can say I was lucky enough to live close to this masterpiece and I was able to take advantage of it to the fullest.

2 comments: